Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Roma's Ferrari wants Everton talks


On-loan Roma defender Matteo Ferrari is seeking talks with Everton over his future at Goodison Park.

The 26-year-old's season-long loan ends this summer, and he had been expected to return to Roma after claims he has had trouble settling on Merseyside.
His spell has also been blighted with ankle and hamstring problems.
However, he said: "If Everton want me permanently, or just want to extend my loan for another season, I think it is time to start to think about that."
He added: "I would like to know where I will play next season soon.
"The only thing I know for 100% is that I have a contract with Roma and if nothing happens then I will go back.
"The main issue is that I would like to prove I am a Premiership player. I have not really had this chance so I would like to have next season as well."
Ferrari has played just 13 matches this term.