Thursday, April 20, 2006

Blackburn move for Besiktas star Hassan


Blackburn have made an approach to sign Besiktas midfielder Ahmed Hassan, however he is in no rush to decide his future.
The player's agent, Alper Gokdemir, confirmed that Mark Hughes's side have made an offer to land the 30-year-old Egyptian international who will become a free agent this summer.

"Ahmed Hassan has received an offer from Blackburn Rovers," Gokdemir told Egyptianplayers.com.
"But we have taken the decision to wait until May 3 and he will sign after that date for the club with the best offer."
Hassan admits he is flattered by the interest being shown in him but insists he will bide his time before deciding on a move.
"I can say that Anderlecht want me very much. There are other options, though, and I don't have to make a certain decision now," said Hassan.
"This is my last big transfer and I will wait on the right choice and sign if I have faith in it.
"I'm a professional. That means I'll sign for the club that brings the best offer.
"There is interest from England and it is a dream to play there."