Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Man Utd's Ferguson catches up with Forlan


Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson tracked down Villarreal striker Diego Forlan yesterday in London to wish him all the best for tonight's Champions League semifinal against Arsenal.

The Uruguayan striker was in the lobby of Villarreal's London hotel yesterday morning when he was accosted by his former boss.
Forlan, 26, admitted: "It was quite a surprise for me to see Mr Ferguson when I went down for breakfast.
"Manchester United played at Tottenham the day before and he had stayed in London to attend a function for Alan Shearer.
"I had no idea he was staying in the same hotel but we had a good chat and he wished me the best of luck and hoped I'd have a good game against Arsenal."
Fergie flogged Forlan to Villarreal for £1million - just 2½ years after a £6.9m switch - but the striker hit 25 goals in his first season in Spain.
Yet Forlan said: "I'm sure Mr Ferguson does not regret letting me go. He has very good strikers - he doesn't need me."