Monday, April 24, 2006

Roeder wants Newcastle job fulltime


Newcastle caretaker boss Glenn Roeder admits he wants the job fulltime - and is also reluctant to return to his role with the club's academy setup.

"Until he (chairman Freddy Shepherd) does ask any questions, once he does, I'll give it a moment's thought and I'd give him an answer," said Roeder, whose lack of appropriate qualifications will need to be addressed.
"I feel I have a lot more to offer than just academy manager," he said. "I've enjoyed these last couple of months. It's reminded me how enjoyable it can be working with senior players of high quality.
"If it had only been for one game and then I'd gone back to the academy, then I wouldn't have had the chance to get that feeling again."
"I'd like to think the chairman would want to keep me involved in the senior level and academy level [so that] as a club we can start building and have a good infrastructure," Roeder added.
"It wouldn't happen in one season, it would take four or five. But at some stage you have to turn the page over and start with a clean piece of paper."