Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Sinama-Pongolle ready to quit Liverpool


Liverpool striker Florent Sinama-Pongolle is ready to quit Anfield at the end of this season.
Currently on-loan at Blackburn Rovers, Sinama said: "I'm 21 years old and I need to play. I need to enjoy my time on the pitch and have a proper experience.

"It's more difficult when you're sitting on the bench or you're not involved. It's frustrating because in Liverpool, whether I played well or didn't play well, I didn't know if I was going to be playing in the next game.
"For a striker it's really difficult because in your head it's all about confidence and that comes from scoring goals.
"That's why I need to start a game and not think or worry about whether I'm going to play the next game, just enjoy it and have fun.
"Then everything will come into place.
"When you're young and you're not playing it's really difficult but you learn and make sure you're ready when you get your chance.
"But that's what I've been dong for three years now and I would say that's what I don't want now any more.
"I just want to enjoy it and play with confidence, go from the start of a season and play through to the end of a season.
"My choice is going to be really important because next year it will be four years over here and then I'm really ready to have more games and have more impact in the Premiership."