Friday, April 21, 2006

Tristan explodes against Depor coach Caparros


Diego Tristan has declared this is likely to be his last season at Deportivo La Coruna.

Fed up with his bit-part role under coach Joaquin Caparros, Tristan exploded at yesterday's scheduled media conference: "Whenever I have played, I have scored goals.
"You cannot play a forward for two games, drop him for another one, then give his place to a boy from the juniors and say that we do not have enough options in attack... that is not right.
"My days at Deportivo are coming to an end because of this situation. I cannot continue without playing and now I'm seeing that another youth player is selected ahead of me... it's a situation that is not good for the club and nor for me."
Of where he wants to play next season, Tristan added: "Put it this way, I won't be playing in China. I love Spain and the Liga."